Friday, January 12, 2007

Getting Close

It's been an uneventful six weeks since I dropped off my application for approval to obtain a Jordanian visa. I've had multiple nights dreaming that I was at the embassy again, this time, dropping off the visa application... When I wake up, reality hits. The impending departure date makes the uncertainty of gaining this stamp more unbearable.

This past Monday, I called the embassy again. It was the same woman who I talked to on the phone couple of times and met in person at the embassy. I explained that it had been six weeks and I needed to leave in about three weeks. She said "Don't worry. Don't worry. You have time." She told me she got a bunch of approvals, but she just did not have time to check... and when she checked and IF I were to get the approval, she would call me. She asked for my number and hung up.

I have some time but time is dwindling. I wish more than anything else that I AM in the bunch.

The lesson that I've learned though is to first check on visa requirements before I decide on going to any country. Wed. night, I have been quite enthusiastically checking the embassy websites of the countries that I am most interested in going next. For example, I now know that a Greek visa approval would need two years of W2, one year of bank statement and lots more other things than those required by a Schengen visa. UK only processes visa applications in LA, NYC and Chicago. Since I don't trust mailing my passport anywhere, I guess seeing London Bridge falling down would not be on my agenda soon.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home