Thursday, December 28, 2006

Unfinished Business

My head's been spinning the entire day since I took my five vaccinations this morning: Hepatitis A, Hepatitis B, Typhoid, Tetanus-diphtheria. Taking them wasn't so bad. They were just separate isolated stings over my arms. As I drove in to work, I was feeling good about not having sore arms or dizzy head until the medication worked its way up. Then I started feeling really foggy brained and nauseous. By noon, I could not move either of my arms. My tiny purse felt like a heavy load dangling off my forearm. I was incoherent when talking to people. The Dr. earlier suggested I should also take a shot for polio, which I am absolutely sure of having one already in my system. Dr. said the booster shot would give me a life time protection. I asked him what polio could do. "You will be crippled". "How do I get it?" He said from food. That was news to me. But I passed. I was not sure what extra shots would do to me since I know I definitely have it in me, maybe more than one already. Then he suggested rabies shot. I told him I would be riding a camel but he or she would not really bite me and I promised I'd refrain from touching stray cats ( a born instinct in me :P). All five shots cost me over 300 bucks. Unbelievable for this expensive, self-inflicted pain!

I have to take another combo Hepatitis A/B one month from today since three shots make sure you are protected for a life time. I did not do the two booster shots after my first shot taken for China two years ago. How I regret it now! I called the Dr's to schedule it five days before I leave.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home