Wednesday, November 29, 2006

Random Thoughts on South America

Srini came back from Rio yesterday and sent me his pix today. Wonderful colors, lively streets, beautiful copper skinned samba dancers, abs toned like wash board, blue ocean, girls' light cotton dresses flying up in the breeze... I miss the ocean.

Earlier I was planning to go to Rio and Buenos Aires in Jan. and Mike also agreed. Right about when I was going to book my first guided tour through Friendlyplanet.com, a Brazilian airline crashed over the Amazon. I came across on CNN about the bankruptcy of Varig in the same news. Varig would have been my airline if I had booked the non-refundable trip. I then checked on Varig's financial stats online and learned that they were not operating to fly to the States in near future. Anyways, it was a mess. Glad I did not book the trip. Then I was going to plan everything myself using an American carrier until Julee called me. Africa for some mysterious reason had my heart after Morocco so I have without hesitation turned to my current pending trip to Egypt and Jordan.

However one day I will go to South America. I want to eat the steak in Argentina, see their tango, sun bathe at Ipanema, maybe learn to dance samba... Life is so short and there are too many things to do.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I cannot agree more. Just came back from my Utah trip of 5 national parks. Admire your passion for travel. Hope your African trip will come true soon.:)

12/01/2006 6:09 PM  
Blogger Koshka said...

I hope so too! Wait till my next post on the road blocks... they are quite out of my expectations.

12/05/2006 10:56 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home