Saturday, November 11, 2006

Some Progress Made

Kathy, the GAP coordinator wrote me today informing that my travel insurance is booked. I looked at the confirmation, it said start date 1/25 and end date 2/10. I don't think that will work. We are leaving on 1/23 if we were to book the Air France flight leaving IAD at 10 PM and arriving in Cairo on 1/24 at 7 PM. All the potential baggage loss or other issues would have taken place prior to the insured start date. Since we are waiting for their trip confirmation till the 60 day cutoff line, we won't know if the flight back home will land on 2/10 either. I asked Kathy to modify my insurance to start on 1/23 and 2/11. Will see what happens.

It's a funny feeling this time since I am putting all the planning in someone else's hands. I have never gone on a trip in a tour group before. I always plan my own trip down to every little detail and serve as my own tour guide. I guess there will be some back and forth and also waiting for information in the coming weeks. Um, a test on my patience...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home