Wednesday, December 27, 2006

Over X'mas Weekend

Over the lazy five day weekend, I spent one day running errands and last minute X'mas shopping (yes, every year I end up doing it the 11th hour), two days with family cooking and exchanging gifts, sleeping and eating the rest of the time. Mike got me a year membership to a chocolate club. I am supposed to receive one pound of dark Belgium chocolates every month next year. The Jan. box arrived early. I got it last week and already there was only half box left. I ate them for breakfast practically every day since I got them. Yum. He also got me a tempurpedic travel pillow that weighs a pound and can be rolled up and fit into a water proof bag. This will really come in handy when sleeping on the plane and boat. I have had so much problem with my neck since I came back from Germany. The pillow I have was too soft to support anything. I also received the Rosetta Stone French which I immediately started using. Language goes away if you do not practise. In Egypt, the languages spoken are Arabic, English, and French. In case people don't speak English, a little French will be quite helpful.

I also almost finished my Eye Witness guidebook on Egypt. I wanted to start on the Jordan Rough Guide but I hesitated. I really do not want to be disappointed. I plan to call the Embassy after Jan 9. That will give a month since I dropped off my application. I realize Aquaba, the port in Jordan may give out visa on arrival since it's a special economic zone and it has its own policy but there is not enough information to say it applies to all nationalities. Nuweiba, where we will be crossing by ferry to Jordan is not as big as other resort cities in the south so it doesn't have an airport. If I decide to go to Nuweiba and can't go to Jordan, then I will have to arrange the bus transportation to go to the south city where airport is available to fly back to Cairo. Mike does not agree that I should travel alone. I may have to cut off the trip to Sinai/Red Sea and leave from Cairo by day 9 instead of day 12. Please, please... I pray everyday that my Jordan visa will come through.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home