Tuesday, February 20, 2007

1st day back to work & picture updates for the Trip

I have embarked on the painstaking work of updating pictures for the blog. I have taken about 1800 photos exhausting 3.5 GB of memory (which by the way was not enough for me). I worked two nights over jetlag and now I have 8 days updated. Time for bed. More to follow tomorrow...

Meanwhile coming back to work the first day invoked such deep depression. Wearing heels and a skirt for one thing was horrifying. I could barely walk straight as I got used to wearing flats and being dressed up like a bum. I guess backpackers are not meant to care about their appearances. For me all I wanted was a good hot shower and toilets that flush. I also could not get used to Julee not being 12 feet within my reach. People say you form or lose a habit in three weeks. In the past three weeks, I have formed the habit of looking out for/looking at/looking for Julee. I talked to her four times on the phone today, went to her office twice, she came visit me once, and we emailed each other 4 times. We were both depressed. I think it will take another three weeks to get over this "Julee-around-me"ship and be able to function like a normal person.

Oh well, back to reality now.

3 Comments:

Blogger jo said...

was referred by a friend to your blog. it's very intriguing and eye-opening to read your entries and your exotic trips. very envious. do you publish your photos online as well? may i take a peek?

2/22/2007 2:30 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Welcome back girl,welcome back to the reality. :) Can't wait to see the pics here...

2/22/2007 9:03 AM  
Blogger Koshka said...

Are you THE Jo? If so, can't wait to meet you! If not, welcome to my blog!

I took 1800 pix and it's painful to get all of them sorted by location, then select and resize. I posted them to 10 entries. Will try to finish by this weekend.

2/22/2007 10:04 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home