Wednesday, February 14, 2007

A Good Job



In the Wadi Rum, as I was wandering and taking pictures. Our local guide Mahdy asked me "Will you stay in Wadi Rum if I find you a good job?" I asked him "What is a good job?". He said "I will give you 100 camels, 200 goats and a good husband. That is a good job." Julee pointed out that I was married. "Divorce your husband!" Mahdy responded with authority. We laughed hysterically. I asked if I could get 200 more goats to bring Mike here. He then said if my husband were handsome, he could get a good job too since Mahdy would find him a Bedouin woman because man, conveniently at Wadi Rum can have four wives.

After seeing how beautiful and breathtaking Wadi Rum is and how each day I could see sunset over the red rocks of sandstone and granite, and sleeping under the starry night, I wonder if I should seriously consider the good job offer.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home