Wednesday, May 14, 2008

Day 6 - Chil'n in Fethiye

Fethiye did magic on Julee. At the marina as we passed the boats and shops, she said ''why don't we just chill today?'' I could NOT believe my ears. She wants to rush everywhere packing everything in one day most of the time. ''Sure. Why not?'' I was so groggy on the bus because of the Dramamine and the previous day of hiking, I'd love to just stop and smell the roses.

Fethiye is a city less popular than Bodrum and was recommended by my friend Erich from Virginia Tech. We were greeted by the old couple who owned Tan Pension. When grandma saw us, she opened her arms, hugged me tight and gave me a kiss on each side of my face (the Turkish way of greeting).

The shower was tiny. It was a shower, toilet, wash sink all in one. There was no room to turn to dry oneself so you would need to get out to the main room. Therefore when one of us takes a shower, the other one would stay outdoor. This was a new experience but Tan Pension was highly recommended by Lonely Planet because of the living with locals experience.

Just now we had lunch by the marina looking at sail boats, islands and the sea. Then we went shopping and Turkish ice-cream. Before we came to the Internet room, we had Turkish tea over coconut strawberry locum. Right now Julee is searching for Clint Eastwood in Poncho photos on the Internet to compare to my look in Cappadocia. After I lost my sweater (my only warm clothes with me,) during the horseback riding, I depended on my poncho from Göreme everywhere I went). The two pictures looked scarily similar, except that he had a shot gun in his hand in most posters and of course I look more handsome without a mustache.

''Four liras for the ice-cream?''

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home