Tuesday, October 13, 2009

General Eating Schedule

Breakfast 9 to 10
Morning coffee and pastry 12 to 1
Lunch 2 to 4
Afternoon coffee and snacks 5 to 6
Before dinner drink 6 7ish
Dinner 8 30 -9 to 11ish
Icecream maybe at 11 if the lines are not too long

This schedule for the past week has really messed me up. Indeed I am eating all day long but I still get hungry. The stomach adjusts itself in front of good and endless options. The first two days I starved at 6 because it was normally dinner time for me but no place was open for dinner. We were waiting outside restaurant before 8 so we could get in when it opened. By third day we were eating at 9 pm and inserted a number of random eating sessions during the day hence the hungry feeling went away and along came the stuffed duck complex by midnight.

Portenos eat dinner around 9 30 10ish and go out at 2 AM and party till 5 or 6 AM. Especially in Palermo where we stayed, there were countless hip bars, sidewalk cafes, and traditional and international restaurants... We did not see locals crowding up usually until after 11 PM. It was a brand new life style for me even though I am definitly too old to party after 2!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home