Thursday, October 19, 2006

My Beloved

I celebrated my two year wedding anniversary in August. My hubby Mike, an entirely different person from me, accepted my extreme personalities as part of what he married into. Apart from having many good traits, he has fully embraced my obsession with cats, travel, chocolates and my passion for a fine shot of vodka and good food in general. I have nothing particularly great in return but I am dragging him to see the world as my contribution to him. Born and raised in Virginia, he’s only been to Ireland before we met and has no intention of being a world traveler. He would have been perfectly happy in our living room couch in front of the Redskins games forever but he has me, who is constantly restless. Between October 2004 and October 2006, we have traveled to the following places:

  • China, including Beijing, Hong Kong, Macau and Wuhan
  • Italy, including Venice, Rome, Naples, Pompeii, Sorrento, Siena, Florence, and Milan
  • France, including Paris, Avignon, Marseille, Nice and other small coastal towns along Cote d’Azur
  • Monaco, where he won 200 euros in Blackjack
  • Spain, including Barcelona and Madrid
  • Caribbean cruise docking Bahamas, St. Thomas of USVI, Tortola of the BVI, and Dominican Republic
  • And our just completed trip to Germany, Czech Republic and Austria, visiting Munich, Bavarian castles, Salzburg, Prague and Vienna

The special credit goes to him letting me travel to Morocco with another man on New Year’s Eve. This post is to acknowledge him with all my love and appreciation.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home